The annual symposium took place in Seattle, WA, with almost 900 participants. As usual the program was comprehensive with most aspects of Systems Engineering represented, from science over human factors to IT tools for SE. You can see the program here: events.incose.org/about.
This year 5 members of INCOSE Denmark participated at the IS. Each of us made a plan for the sessions to participate in, as there were 8 simultaneous tracks.
Some of us were lucky to be with colleagues. We recommend that you consider a similar approach. It allows for splitting up into different tracks and having focused sparring on presentations of special interest in your context.
INCOSE Denmark received two awards: The "Silver Chapter Circle Award" and the special award "Director's Award" for most improved chapter of the year.
|Henrik Balslev receiving the awards on behalf of the INCOSE Denmark Board of Directors.|
We have listed some of our activities and outcomes of IS 2015 below:
- Providing a training session on "Implementing Model Semantics and a (MB)SE Ontology in the Civil Engineering and Construction Sector" (Henrik Balslev)
- Receiving the Silver Chapter Circle Award and Director's Award
- Participating in face to face meetings with the EMEA Chapter Leaders that we usually only meet through the Web (three of us are DK board members)
- Following up on the ongoing working group activities of special interest, e.g. MBSE
- Attending presentations of special interest, e.g. related to product line engineering and platform strategy
- Acquiring the INCOSE SE Handbook Version 4, released at the IS
- Attending various networking events and spontaneous corridor discussions (this is easy due to the welcoming and open attitude among the participants)
- Attending the informal conversation dinner with the Healthcare Working Group (four of us are in the healthcare business)
- Participating in the tour to the Boeing Factory in Everett (two of us participated)
- Establishing new friendships (we all did)
You can find photos from the IS at events.incose.org/photogallery.
Henrik Balslev, Jens Christian Andersen, Niels Christian Jensen, Roberto Zapata, Karsten Kallesøe Nielsen